2017 Great Rack Contest
2017 Great Rack Contest
2 Ways to ENTER
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and put "I WANT TO ENTER THE CONTEST in the subject line or
- Click on this link
- buy the Aluminum Paddle board rack
- write "I want to enter the contest" in the comment box during your check out process & we will give you the contest entry price & send you an email with the necessary forms to fill out to be eligible
- 1. There is an ENTRY FEE of $89.00
- 2. We will ship you a set of Brushed Aluminum Racks for FREE - that will fit most Paddle Boards & longboard surfboards up to 6 inches in thickness.
- 3. This is a contest of merit and you will have to send in a creative picture or 20 sec video with the racks prominently displayed in the picture or video in order to win.
- 4. There will be 4 final contestants
- 5. The selected pictures or videos will be chosen by the number of likes from out social media outlets.
- 6. There are 3 prizes that will be offered.
- Photographs must be in digital format. All digital files must in JPEG and must be at least 1200 pixels wide x 600 pixels in height.
- No text overlays on images allowed.
- Videos must be in digital format (mp4 or MOV), a maximum of 4MB in file size, and a minimum of 10 seconds in duration and no longer than 30 seconds in duration and conform to these format requirements:
- Caption length text: 30 characters Max
- Video aspect ratio: Landscape (1.91:1), Square (1:1), Vertical (4:5)
- Minimum Video resolution: 600 x 315 pixels (1.91:1 landscape) / 600 x 600 pixels (1:1 square) / 600 x 750 pixels (4:5 vertical)
- Minimum length: 10 seconds
- Maximum length: 30 seconds
- Supported video codecs: H.264, VP8
- Supported audio codecs: AAC, Vorbis
- Maximum size: 4GB
- Frame rate: 30fps max.
- Bitrate: No limit to bitrate file if you're using two pass encoding, as long as your file doesn't exceed 1 GB. Otherwise, 8 megabits per second for 1080p and 4 megabits per second for 720p.
- Thumbnail image ratio: Should match the aspect ratio of your video.
- NO TEXT OVERLAYS PLEASE.
- Photographs or Videos that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud; provided entrants must be prepared to provide a release form as described below in "Release." When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of another person's art.
- The photograph or video, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph. The photograph or video must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, defamatory, full nudity or sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. We suggest a maximum PG RATING.
- The caption must be complete and accurate, sufficient to convey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken. Disguising or misrepresenting the origin of your content is cause for disqualification.
- Watermarks are not acceptable. If Sponsor does not receive a non-watermarked version of the entry within ten (10) days following its request to provide, the entry will be disqualified.
- The entries will be judged separately, in accordance with the Judging Criteria, as defined below. All entries must be submitted and received by SEPTEMBER 10TH, 2017 at 11:59:00 p.m. PST. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to examine the original photograph/source material in order to confirm compliance with these rules.
- 1. The First Place winner will receive US $1,000, and his/her winning photograph/video will be displayed as the winner of the “contest” on all social media sites as HGR deems needed.
- 2. Second place winner will receive $200.
- 3. Third place winner will receive $100.
- 4 semi-finalists will be chosen based on the following criteria ("Judging Criteria"): (1) Creativity; (2) Uniqueness; (3) Humor or Sensational content. Each of the semi-finalists submission will each be displayed across the same chosen social media outlets for a full week (7) days. The number of likes will be recorded from each of the social media outlets chosen and the aggregate number of likes will be compiled as the total “LIKES” for the semi-finalist submission.
- After all 4 submissions are displayed and the total likes compiled a winner will be announced based on the total number of likes. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be re-submitted to the Judges for a re-judging between the tied entries alone. In the event that a tie remains after re-judging, the entry with the highest score in the creativity criteria will be declared the winner. Winners will be chosen on or around October 15th, 2017, and notified by email. Decisions of the judges are final and binding.
2017 Great Rack Contest Rules:
SPONSOR Sponsor is Hawaiian Gun Rack, 1070 E. Dominguez Street Unit O, Carson, CA. 90746, USA (“SPONSOR”).
The GREAT RACK CONTEST begins August 1, 2017 at 12:00:00 p.m. US Pacific Standard Time ("PST") and ends September 10, 2017, 11:59:00 p.m. US Pacific Standard Time ("PST") (the "Contest"). Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these official rules ("Official Rules"). By submitting an email entry request and a signed entry and waiver/permission form, each entrant agrees to the Official Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules. This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of winners.
WHO MAY ENTER Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Employees of Hawaiian Gun Rack, and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related are not eligible. CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
HOW TO ENTER There is an entry fee of $89.00 For which the contestant will in turn receive a set of Aluminum paddle board racks (at a 30% discount off the retail price) to be shipped to the entrant for free to use in their submission. We require a minimum of 15 contestants to start the contest. Email us of your interest to participate in the “contest” via email@example.com. Put “I want to enter the contest” in the subject line and your name, address, phone number & preferred email address for contact in the body of the text. Each email request will receive an entry form and a permission to use picture or video form. Once the 15 contestant threshold is reached the “SPONSOR” will email you a PayPal invoice for $89.00 and notification that the contest is now “live” and all contestants can start to submit their entries. Each contestant will have FIVE (5) days to pay the entry fee and email the signed entry forms. Then the “SPONSOR” will email all the contestants of a dead line to submit their creative entry. To be a valid entry the contestant will be required to email us back all signed forms and payment of the entry fee.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: A creative photograph or video using our aluminum paddle board racks either as intended for displaying surfboards or paddle boards or in a "creative" use of the aluminum paddle board racks that your imagination can come up with. The racks must be visible within the video or photograph to be eligible.
RELEASES If the photograph or video contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the photograph, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photograph in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any photograph is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release. Upon Sponsor's request, each entrant must be prepared to provide (within seven (7) calendar days of receipt of Sponsor's request) a signed release from all persons who appear in the photograph submitted, authorizing Sponsor and its licensees ("Authorized Parties") to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known. Failure to provide such releases upon request may result in disqualification at any time during the Contest and selection of an alternate winner. Similarly, upon Sponsor's request, each entrant must be prepared to provide (within seven (7) calendar days of receipt of Sponsor's request) a signed written license from the copyright owner of any sculpture, artwork, or other copyrighted material that appears in the photograph entry, authorizing any Authorized Party to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known. Failure to provide such releases upon request may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Finally, upon Sponsor's request, each entrant must be prepared to provide (within seven (7) calendar days of receipt of Sponsor's request) a signed written license from the owner of any private property included in the photograph entry, authorizing any Authorized Party to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known. Failure to provide such releases upon request may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. For the purposes of these Official Rules, the entrant will be deemed to be in receipt of Sponsor's request or notification, (a) in the event that Sponsor sends the request by postal mail, five business days after the request was sent by Sponsor, or (b) in the event that Sponsor sends the request by email, on the day that the email was sent by Sponsor.
Potential winners shall be required to sign and return within ten (10) days following an attempted notification, an Affidavit, Declaration or Certificate of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where legally permissible, a Publicity Release and Warranty of Ownership and License in which the entrant warrants that he/she is the owner of the photograph or video (and all the intellectual property rights in the photograph submitted) and grants to Sponsor and its licensees the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry (along with a name credit) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest without additional compensation. Failure to execute and deliver any required documents to Sponsor by the specified deadline may result in disqualification from the Contest, and selection of an alternate potential winner. NONCOMPLIANCE OR RETURN OF PRIZE NOTIFICATION AS UNDELIVERABLE, WHETHER BY REGULAR MAIL OR BY EMAIL, MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AND SELECTION OF AN ALTERNATE POTENTIAL WINNER.
No prize transfer, assignment, or substitution by winners permitted. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, the Sponsor, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the original prize (or that part of the prize) with an alternative prize to the equal monetary value and/or specification, unless to do so would be prohibited by law.
LICENSE By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to Authorized Parties, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to: any social media outlets, you tube channels, print and various websites for display or publication of any entry on an Authorized Party's website does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a winner. Additionally, by entering, each entrant grants to Authorized Parties the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Contest. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Hawaiian Gun Rack and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder. Hawaiian Gun Rack assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Contest entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms. HGR is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants' or any other persons' computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to in this Contest.
CONDITIONS THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entrants agree that this Contest shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the District of Columbia and the forum for any dispute shall be in the District of Columbia, United States of America. To the extent permitted by law, the right to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or on connection with this Contest are hereby excluded and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. Certain restrictions may apply. Entries void if the Sponsor determines the photograph to not be an original, or if the entries are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft. By entering, entrants also agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) that the decisions of the Judges are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest; and (c) if the entrant wins that Sponsor may use the winning photographs and each winner's name, photograph, likeness, and/or voice in any publicity or advertising relating to the Contest or future promotions without compensation or approval (except where prohibited by law). All federal, state/provincial/territorial, and local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic, and including income, sales, and import taxes) on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. In the event that the selected winner(s) of any prize is/are ineligible, cannot be traced or does/do not respond within ten (10) days to a winner notification as required by the "Contest Prizes" Rules above, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to another entrant. The Sponsor reserves the right to verify the validity and originality of any entry and/or entrant (including an entrant's identity and address) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Official Rules or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, Trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of HGR that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, HGR reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. If Sponsor elects to cancel or terminate the Contest, Sponsor will not retain any rights in the submitted photographs, and will return the fees submitted with each entry.
WINNERS LIST Entrants are responsible for complying with these Official Rules. Winners' names will be available upon request via firstname.lastname@example.org.
DATA PRIVACY Entrants agree that personal data, especially name and address, may be processed, shared, and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the Contest and any other purposes outlined in these Official Rules. The data may also be used by the Sponsor in order to verify the participant's identity, postal address, and telephone number or to otherwise verify the participant's eligibility to participate in the Contest. Participants have the right to access, review, rectify, or cancel any personal data held by Sponsor by writing to: Hawaiian Gun Rack, 1070 E. Dominguez Street, Unit O, Carson, California 90746. Personal data will be used by Sponsor and its affiliates exclusively for the purposes stated herein.